For Clients – Expertise in German and US Taxation
Tax Organizer for Americans – Tax Questionnaire for Germans
- File Upload Service: Send large files (up to 2GB) easily, with no extra registration.
- ShareFile Portal: Exclusive for our clients, enhancing file sharing and security. Please contact us if you would like to use this service.
Convenient Payment Options
- Secure Payment Methods: Choose from Credit Card, PayPal, or Direct Debit. A PayPal account is not required.
- Easy Portal Access: Utilize our user-friendly portal for seamless transactions. Please have the invoice number ready.
Toolbox My 1040 Data (Form 1040) and Tax Questionnaire (Form 1040NR)
- Tax organizer My1040Data: Electronic tax questionnaire for individuals with unlimited tax liability in the USA (Form 1040), password-protected and can be activated for clients.
- Tax Questionnaire (Form 1040NR): Special questionnaire for preparing the US federal income tax return for foreigners without residence in the USA. Additional information regarding Taxation of Nonresident Aliens can be found on the IRS.gov website. The five-year travel history is recorded and is publicly available.
Additional Tax Topics in our Toolbox:
- IRS Services Guide
- Direct Pay
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About International Individual Tax Matters
- Tax Information for International Businesses
- Withholding of Tax on Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Entities
- US Taxation of Employees of Foreign Government and International Organizations
- Transcript Delivery System
- IRS2Go Mobile App
- BSA E-Filing System for the Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR)
IRS Self-Service Tax Tools:
|Interactive Tax Assistant tool
|Find answers to your tax law questions
|Get a copy of your tax transcript online or by mail
|Where is My Amended Return?
|Track the status of your amended return
|Where is My Refund?
|Check the status of your refund online within 24 hours after we receive your e-filed return or 4 weeks after mailing your paper return
|Pay your tax bill directly from your checking or savings account or through the IRS2Go mobile app. Both are safe and secure.
|Estimate the amount that should be withheld from your paycheck for federal income tax purposes.
|Employer Identification Number (EIN)
|Get your EIN online without calling us or mailing or faxing a paper Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Tax Organizers for US and German Citizens
- Tax Organizer for Americans: Simplify your tax filing with our comprehensive questionnaire.
- Tax Questionnaire for Germans: Tailored queries to assist German nationals with US tax obligations.
Please log in, to download our Tax Organizers and Guides.
Resources – Note on Globalization and Taxation
- Understand how living, working, or investing abroad impacts US tax filing obligations. Explore resources on disclosure requirements and tax implications.
In today’s era of globalization, it has become increasingly common for individuals to live, work, or invest abroad. These decisions can have significant implications on the disclosure requirements when filing tax returns for individuals. The links below address how foreign activities affect tax returns and which disclosure obligations should be considered.
- Living Abroad: Tax Implications and Disclosure Requirements
- Working Abroad: Tax Rules and Reporting Obligations
- Investing Abroad: Tax Consequences and Disclosure Duties
- Managing Disclosure Requirements When Filing Tax Returns
Pub 54 – Tax Guide for US Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
Pub 514 – Foreign Tax Credit for Individuals
Pub 516 – US Government Civilian Employees Stationed Abroad
Form 673 – Claiming Exemption From Withholding on Foreign Earned Income
US Tax Treaties
Pub 901 – Tax Treaties
The Instructions to Form 1116 – The Foreign Tax Credit for Individuals
The Instructions to Form 2555 – The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
Pub 4732 – Federal Tax Information for U.S. Taxpayers Living Abroad
Foreign Currency and Currency Exchange Rates
Form 8802 – Application for US Residency Certification
Instructions for Form 8854 – Initial and Annual Expatriation Statement
Tax Information for Members of the Military
Pub 3 – Armed Forces’ Tax Guide
Guide to Tax Cuts & Jobs Act
Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
Instructions for Form 8938 – Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets
Comparison of Form 8938 and FBAR Requirements
Form 1042, Annual Withholding Tax Return for US Source Income of Foreign Persons
Form 3520, Annual Return to Report Transactions with Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts
Form 3520-A, Annual Information Return of Foreign Trust with a US Owner
Form 5471, Information Return of US Persons With Respect To Certain Foreign Corporations
Form 5472, Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned US Corporation or a Foreign Corporation Engaged in a US Trade
Contact Our Experts
Skilled in both German and U.S. tax systems. For questions regarding our services and tools, please get in touch with us:
- Dr. Günther Grewe, WP RA StB CPA:
- Antje Klaunig, WP StB CPA:
For direct access to our services, please log in to our portal. We look forward to assisting you in all your tax matters!